Supply List – Level One – The Basics
“Let’s start at the very beginning, a very good place to start”.
If you are new to sewing, or just need a refresher, this workshop will teach you the basics – all about your machine, best tools, how to read a pattern, how to choose fabrics and supplies. You will make either an elastic waist skirt, or a pair of lounge/pyjama pants.
Project – elastic waist skirt or pajama/lounge pants
In the first lesson, you will learn how to:
- Become familiar with your machine
- Choose a pattern, fabric and notions
- Read a pattern
- Lay out your pattern, marking and cutting
- Sew your project together
- Insert elastic
- Finish the hem
**Bring a notebook and pen to your first class. Sewing machines are provided but you are welcome to bring your own machine; don’t forget your power cord, foot pedal and machine manual**
You will be given a supply list for lesson 2. We will review the list during this first class.
Learn To Sew Series
This is the first in a series of 7 workshops of varying lengths that will build on skills and techniques. You are encouraged to take the workshops in order; skills are built from one workshop to the next.
- The Basics – the absolute beginning
- The Skirt – zippers and darts
- The Top – or casual blouse/shirt with simple collars and closures
- The Shirt – a button-down shirt with tailored collar and cuffs
- The Pants – fly front, darts, waistband
- The Blazer – tailored jackets
- Couture Formal Wear – sewing formal gowns (prom and bridal).
For Printable Supply List, click Supply list – Level One – The Basics